What is Kobble furniture made from?
Natural and sustainable are a big part of Kobble's ethos. We make our furniture out of high grade birch plywood, which comes from sustainable forests in Eastern Europe and is FSC at source. Birch plywood is known for its strength and stiffness, which makes it perfect for furniture. We love plywood's endgrain so we leave it's bare layers for all to see.
Our pieces are finished with either an oak veneer or a matt Linoleum. Linoleum is very durable, non-marking and warm to touch. It's made from natural raw materials (mainly linseed oil) and the Lino that we use is manufactured using over 25% recycled content, and 100% renewable electricity.
How do I make sure my dimensions are right?
Getting your measurements right is really important. We don't just do standard sizes, so whether you need it extra long, narrow or short, make sure you measure twice (at the very least!). If you're struggling, then of course you can jsut contact us.
What if the avaibable dimensions aren't what I want?
If the available dimensions aren't quite right, there's still a chance we can make what you want. Contact us directly and we'll see what's possible. Depending on the work involved it might cost you a bit extra.
What's the lead time on my order?
Because each item is made to measure, we only start making once you place your order. We're moving workshop at the moment, so expect it to be with you within 4-5 weeks of ordering We'll let you know as soon as it's dispatched and on its way. More info on your delivery options is below.
How is my furniture delivered?
Kobble furniture is flatpack, which means that you don't need to worry about getting it through the door. Your order will be delivered by courier in protective cardboard packaging. Please note that it may arrive in two boxes.
When you place your order you are given a choice of the following three delivery options:
|Delivery window||Before midday
on a day specified by you
on a day specified by you
|Details||We'll contact you within 2 days of receiving your order to arrange a day for delivery||We'll contact you within 2 days of receiving your order to arrange a day for delivery||We'll contact you to let you know when your order is ready to collect|
How do I assemble my Kobble furniture?
We've designed all our Kobble furniture so that it's as easy as pie to put together. Your order comes with printed assembly instructions, but if you need another copy, contact us and we'll send you a new set.
How do I care for my Kobble furniture?
Plywood needs love and care just like any other wood. Here are our tips on how to care for your Kobble furniture:
- ALWAYS use heat resistant mats and coasters to protect surfaces. Lino is resistant up to 70 degrees.
- Mop up spills straight away so that liquid doesn’t soak into the wood and leave a mark. Lino surfaces are more resilient, but they do mark with alkali liquids so, to be safe, it’s best to mop up spills quickly.
- Clean surfaces by wiping with a clean damp cloth and a neutral detergent and water mix. NEVER use chemical, bleach or alcohol products. NEVER use anything more abrasive than a white scour pad.
- To keep your Lino in tip-top shape, apply a soapy blend of water and natural soap or waxes every few months.
- You can get rid of superficial marks on you lino by using a soft pencil eraser. Or if that doesn’t work then rub in a few drops of baby oil with a soft cloth. Leave for a few minutes and then wipe the oil away with your cloth.
- You’ll need to oil the plywood every 18 months or so to keep it protected. Use a lint free cloth to apply a thin layer of clear, matt natural hardwax oil. Rub in evenly. One layer should be enough, but repeat if it needs properly sprucing up.
What is Kobble's return policy?
We check each item of furniture carefully to make sure it's perfect before it leaves us for its new home. However, if your Kobble item arrives damaged, faulty, or not to your specifications, then we will happily replace it or refund you in full. Please contact us directly to make arrangements.
Unfortunately we don't offer refunds or replacements for intact items that you've changed your mind about, or in cases where you've given us the wrong measurements. This is because each piece is specific to the person who orders it. Please make sure you measure carefully and read our size and measurement guide.
Can I buy Kobble products on finance or credit?
We're afraid that this isn't possible at the moment. We're looking to integrate finance options soon!
What other products are Kobble developing?
We're just putting the final touches on our shelving range so watch this space. We're also working on some nifty custom-sized storage solutions, and a kids' range. Want to keep updated? Follow us on Facebook and Instagram [LINK].